· For Adults
What is Lifeline Caregiving?
Lifeline provides spiritual care, support, encouragement and referral services to people within the church and throughout the community. Lifeline Caregiving is a ministry that offers a Christ-centered model of care on a short-term basis, with the intention of pointing care receivers to God for comfort and healing.
Along with 45 hours of in-depth training in a biblical model of crisis intervention, which includes a comprehensive resource manual, caregivers who serve at Blue Ridge also receive ongoing supervision and continuing education.
Training topics include:
- Grief, Loss & Mood Disorders
- Addictions & Strongholds
- Marriage & Parenting
- The Process of Change & Healing
- Liability & Risk Management Issues
- A Biblical Basis for Caregiving
- The Foundation of Relationship
- Effective Listening & Communication Skills
- Basic Helping & Crisis Intervention
- Trauma & Abuse